Tailor Your Approach
Ensure better pay decisions for staff- through director-level positions with customized data and solutions.
Director and Manager Studies
Director and Manager roles are increasingly complex and specialized, yet are often neglected during salary studies that focus either on executive or staff-level positions. We can help you:
- Instill confidence through a third-party assessment that you are ensuring an equitable and valid compensation program
- Determine how roles at your organization compare to others
- Address internal equity and pay compression issues between levels
- Address unique, non-benchmark positions
- Assess incentive/bonus structures, participation eligibility, performance measures, opportunity levels, and goal-setting
Staff Compensation Audits
Labor costs represent an organization's largest expense, yet most pay programs are outdated and/or use a one-size-fits-all approach. Gain powerful insight into how to boost your organization's overall competitiveness and efficiency for a fraction of the time and cost of a full study:
- Determine current market positioning of salaries for high census positions
- Assess pay differentials and premium pay practices beyond salaries
- Assess hire, salary increase, and promotion practices
- Identify antiquated or outdated "legacy" pay programs that have become entitlements
- Assess current policies and documentation -- identify those that are applied incorrectly or are outdated
- Model financial impact of potential changes for budgeting purposes
- Summarize strengths, opportunities, and immediate concerns of the current pay program
The Department of Labor recently released the final FLSA rule change regarding overtime. Gallagher Integrated can help you and your organization take a proactive and productive approach to compliance. We partner with you on a thorough process to identify the ripple effects of compliance. We help you to:
- Approach this process in the context of mitigating the risk of noncompliance, decreased employee engagement, and unproductive financial decisions, while also looking to identify opportunities for improvement in the organization's HR and rewards programs.
- Create a financial modeling tool that will help assess the impact of various potential decisions.
- Communicate this change to employees in a way that either maintains or enhances employee engagement.
- Provide training materials for both employees and their managers.
- Provide Human Resources with a roadmap for FLSA compliance, and continue to act in an advisory capacity as desired.
Rewards and Recognition Programs
Recognition and rewards programs sound good in theory, but can be counterproductive if they are not well designed and administered. We can help you to:
- Identify opportunities to align better with market or stand out as needed
- Create or re-design employee gain sharing programs tied to quality and value
- Develop recognition programs that reinforce desired behaviors
- Create or redesign links between your performance management system and salary increases
Custom Compensation Surveys
When published surveys don't yield the type of localized, applicable market data you are seeking, maybe it's time to customize your own. We conduct hundreds of reviews on pay, pay practices, and other pertinent topical issues each year, and can help you:
- Identify and customize peer groups that address multiple employee populations
- Increase the number of reliable benchmark matches
- Understand unique pay practices within your immediate competitive market
- Obtain up-to-date information when other sources aren't current
Employee understanding and appreciation are key to your program's success. The investment your organization makes in compensation and benefits isn't maximized unless it is valued by employees. We can help you:
- Develop comprehensive communication plans that create buy-in from employees
- Create clear total compensation summaries
- Plan multi-phase communication campaign strategies to drive employee satisfaction
- Deploy training materials and conduct workshops
Explore Our Engagement Surveys
We also regularly provide traditional, top-to-bottom engagement studies that include all positions in an organization. We use a dedicated team approach to these large studies to ensure professional, timely results. Visit our Engagement Surveys page.